Hello – we wanted to pass on this important set of updates from Senator Anthony Bucco, Jr., including information on COVID-19 testing at Raritan Valley Community College:
Important State & Federal News:
- Daily Briefing: Gov. Murphy will deliver a coronavirus briefing at 1 p.m. in Trenton. Click here to watch the livestream.
- Unemployment Guidance for Gig Workers, Independent Contractors & Self-Employed: The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development has prepared two new downloadable guides to help explain what benefits are available and how to apply. If you’re self-employed, an independent contractor, gig or platform worker, read both guides before applying for UI benefits.
- Federal Stimulus Payments: The IRS has started to issue Economic Impact Payments using direct deposit information from 2018 or 2019 tax returns. Non-filers can enter their payment info here. You can check the status of your payment using the “Get My Payment” tool on the IRS website. Click here for answers to common questions.
- Tax Filing Extension: The NJ Division of Taxation has posted a page with more information on the State’s extension of the tax filing deadline to July 15th due to COVID-19.
- Guidance for Retired Government Workers on Temporary Reemployment: The NJ Division of Pensions & Benefits has issued guidance on Executive Order 115 which allows retired government workers to return to their former employers to assist during the crisis.
- Morris Testing Site at CCM to Begin Accepting Sussex Residents: The drive-through testing center at County College of Morris in Randolph will begin accepting some Sussex County residents for daily, week-day appointments starting later this week.
- Somerset/Hunterdon Testing Site at RVCC: Somerset County and Hunterdon County, in collaboration with Raritan Valley Community College will be opening a testing site at RVCC on Thursday, April 16. Testing will be by appointment only to residents age 5 and older who are exhibiting symptoms. A valid doctor’s prescription is required.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on scope of the virus and hospitalizations, including the number of patients hospitalized, discharged, in critical care, in intensive care, and on ventilators, along with data on statewide ventilator capacity, numbers of positive/negative tests, and more.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: There are currently 66 COVID-19 testing sites across the state, including State-sponsored and private facilities. To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Questions or need assistance? Call of email our legislative office 973-627-9700